Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo: Day One

In short terms: A lot harder than I expected.
In longer terms: Okay, so I didn't expect 1,677 words to be so hard, but I think that I can still pull through!

The post:

Hello, everybody - all three of you! I have just wrapped up today's chaos with a break at 1,687 words - ten more than I expected. However, I have just struggled through the first day, and I'm not so sure how I'm going to make it through the challenge of NaNoWriMo this year, even if I have to dangle Twix bars in front of my nose just to write up another 1677!
Today, I had a very nice experience meeting another WriMo at school - in fact, I initiated him in the library! I was walking through the rain towards the computers - I wanted to keep working on my start from the night before! When I get on the new Mac, a hand pokes my shoulder.
"I heard that you were doing NaNoWriMo.."
"Yes - I am! Are you?"
"Is it too late to start?"
Of course, the poor soul got his shoulders shaken a bit by me, but nonetheless I helped him set up an account. Welcome to NaNoLand, Conner!

If you couldn't tell, though, my writing steam is dead gone, and my inner editor is tied up in my closet taking a break for the month - I think I should stop before my grammar goes out of whack!

-
Inspiration of the post: Matthias Wandel :-)

D

No comments:

Post a Comment